Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sure Enough




As expected, the smalls hit the town in entirely inappropriate garb yesterday.


Today the largest was inexplicably unwell, had a sleep and recovered.
I spent 2 hours cleaning up my bedroom. Then made my bed with my favourite linen sheet bought en France and got into it and read 'The Happiness Project' by Gretchen Rubin. I am really digging it. What makes her happy is not what makes me happy but I really agree that happiness is heightened when a little effort is made towards it. I like her ideas and the quotes and research she is basing her ideas upon.

“We must, therefore, pursue the things that make for happiness, seeing that when happiness is present, we have everything; but when it is absent, we do everything to possess it.” -- Epicurus

This idea of investing in happiness when things are going well in order to make you more robust when times are tough really interests me. I wonder if it works?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gift to us is this bella fashionista. More of her!

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

Here's to happiness! Chink! ... and someone else confiscating the clippy cloppy numbers! Chink! And to gorgeous linen sheets on freshly made beds ... now there is happiness right there - add a book to the mix and you have a veritable dose of ecstacy x

ally said...

I'm pretty sure those shoes are making her very happy!!
They don't last long - especially if sabotaged on the sly