Hot. Definitely Hot.
Niche is a handmade market going on at the Academy Gallery at Inveresk in ol' Launny town this weekend and it is certainly worth a look.
I would like to have taken a stylish pic of all the goodies I bought this morning to embellish this post but then everyone will know what I bought them for Christmas.
Let me just say, "Get down there, Ladies."
Not only is there a whole lot of beeeee-yew-tifull handmade stuff but the peeps behind the stalls are stellar. (Do you like the way I said " peeps' then, just like I am down with the young people?)
My faves, of course:
- Gemstar, or Loz and Dinny - Gem your eye for style is bang on, baby.
- Isis - beautiful, thoughtful, hand bound books. Isis uses Coptic binding, vintage book covers and handamde paper.
- Annie at Red Bamboo - soaps and candles to die for. Annie has mastered the delicious art of combining scents.
- Black Eyed Susie - stunning handmade kidswear. Suse has the knack of choosing the perfect fabric and turning into a cracking little number every time. Her little boys stripey trousers are killing me.
- Franrosie and The Ruby Pear - is the essence of organic style as always,
- Little Jenny Wren - What can I say about Jenny's amazing work? Only that I can't wait for Sophie to be old enough tto have one.
- Hungry Kitty - I had one of her carrot cakes for breakfast and I am wishing I had bought some more for right now. I think Gemstar was right on when she said "You can't leave without at least one box of her rocky road. It's got Maltesers in it." The Maltesers are a stroke of genius!
And many more that I am going back to investigate closer sans small ones attached to my legs.
I had a really ace morning. Thanks Ladies!